Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Samuel Pepys Blog

I believe that Samuel Pepys would have been a most enthusiastic blogger, if the appropriate technology had been available at the time.  Just imagine him, Smartphone camera at the ready as he raced down Pudding Lane to view the progress of the Great Fire.   Later his fingers would fly over the keys of his laptop as he briskly updated his Daily Blog.    It has to be said that he was undoubtedly the most interesting diary writer of the past four hundred years or so - far more readable than his contemporary, the rather dry John Evelyn.  I generally keep a volume of the Diary by my bedside to dip in and out of in the middle of the night when the talkback radio is winding down to conversations regarding swimming pool fences or teaching Maori in schools.   Sam never lets me down and is always good for a gossip.   Give him a try if you don't believe me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment