Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2016

A Swift Suggestion?

I loved Matt Heath’s proposition that the elderly should not be entitled to vote because they will not be present to witness the outcome of their voting. This idea certainly ruffled a few feathers up and down the country. To be honest I had no idea who Mr Heath was until he made his outrageous recommendation so he may be experiencing a modicum of dislike at the moment but at least he has made an impression. Oldies like me now realise that this young chap is a force to be reckoned with. I wonder if he sought inspiration from Jonathan Swift who made a similar impression on the locals in the early eighteenth century by suggesting that if the poor were hungry they should simply eat their unwanted babies. I bet that went down like a lead balloon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment