Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Definitely worth a read...



I really enjoyed Jennifer Barraclough’s Carmen’s Roses (print copy made available earlier this year).   It was the ebook that I read initially but I must be honest and say that there is something ultimately satisfying about having a more tangible version to dip into.   The cover of this short novel is particularly appealing and that together with the fact that the story is set locally in Devonport, was enough to keep me captivated again the other evening.   Jennifer’s principal characters are so convincingly represented they positively leap from the pages and I was delighted to become re-acquainted with Iris, comfortingly English and now almost a friend.
Jennifer's books can be found, no trouble at all, on both Amazon and Smashwords and she has become a fiction writer relatively recently.  A week or two ago I read her latest novella Blue Moon for Bombers and was introduced to Phyllida and the irritating Robert.   The book is radically different from the previous one but retains the tantalizing features that make this writer so readable.  I love the way  Jennifer entices the reader into aspects of the story with brief stumblings into hints of things paranormal.   I am impatiently waiting for her next story!

No comments:

Post a Comment